11 Kasım 2016 Cuma




THE WIFE FROM THE CITY OF BATH’S TALE


   The tale that we’ve read was interesting .As the writer said in the story, in that time elves and fairies were lurking around everywhere with people and this was normal thing .Nevertheless , in that century ,  we can not see like these creatures.Because they don’t exist anymore.Of course that is a tale  , extraordinary events may be come true but there is a thing that I can not accept.As you know ,one day ,one of the Kıng Arthur’s knights raped woman violently . And at the end of the story ,the Knight will be happy.
   
As I said before, it was really great story except for its ending.It would be different .So,in that times,regardless of the statute, you may be Knight or a peasant,raping woman is not tolerable.It would be trivial but I believe that , a rapist does not deserve being happy, even in  the story.The story would be end when the Knight married to the old and ugly women .Raping should not  go unpunished.

   Judging from another point of view,this is a tale , right? And in that story , raping woman and at the end being happy is not ethic.Firstly ,let’s accept it.People tell the stories their children.Every tale has a lesson.When parents tell the story to children, this things settles into the children’s subconscious .And in progress of time ,like these things will be normal for new generation.They will think that '' I can do anyone whatever I want but I deserve  everything  best .''That is completely  wrong.And  if it is goes like  that, I’m concerned  about  the  new  generation,I’m sorry.
   
To  sum   up , if  the  story  had  shorther , it  would be beter both  ethical  and  more  rational, in  my opinion.So we  have  no  right  to  threaten  children’s  unsoiled brains.Hopefully…

4 yorum:

  1. interesting viewpoint ...I love your opinions , I'll follow your articles ,thanks a lot

    YanıtlaSil
  2. This article is sensible.I think that guy could have been killed by that old and ugly woman:)

    YanıtlaSil
  3. I think that you are right. Good job :)

    YanıtlaSil
  4. The end of the tale was like fairy tale .They lived happily .Of course it's not fair.By the way you're absolutely right about reading this tale to a children ,they may think that it's normal and no penalty.

    YanıtlaSil