14 Ekim 2016 Cuma

A Nigerian Boy , Borno...



   I took this picture in 2012,when I was in Nigeria.His name was Borno.Borno Lawal.When I spoke with him ,Borno told to me his story.He was from  Lagos.Borno was just 8 years old but he was facing with the all difficulties of life.That was actually harrowing story.When you read this,I’m sure,you will fell sorry for him.
   To be honest, when I first see him , I read his eyes .There was just despair and cowardice in it.When he was 5 years old , his father died .And when Borno was 7 years old, his mother died ,too.You can say ‘’what a pity’’ but the story is just beginning.After he was orphan , his aunt,Degale,took over his expenses but there were Nigeria.İt was poor country ,the capital country of famine.Degale and her husband were very poor ,they couldn’t find even a bread. After the Borno’s coming to Delage’s home ,the situation had got worse.As there is no food anywhere , people got sick and become thinner.For instance ,when you look at the picture carefully ,you can count Borno’s ribs.
   When I took my camera from my bag , he rise his eyebrows .Hence, Borno had never seen a camera before in his life .After that,he made his move when he see a foreigner .Borno opened his hand to me , like waiting for food .Exactly that time , I was ashamed of myself.The next day , I gave him provisions.I firstly saw him happily.It was such a beautiful moment that I was about to cry.His hair was not combed , and messy .And ,as you see in the photo,Borno was seminude.As long as I look at his eyes , I was ashamed of mankind.I think that meanwhile,at the other side of the World , it was being talked  that how much prize of Iphone.This was a completely shame.I realized that there ,life was not fair.
   He was afraid of me until he knew me .After days we became friends.Yet still I couldn’t look at his eyes.Nevertheless,I was happy being with him.Borno was my single friend in Nigeria.Being contemporary people is not wearing expensive bags and shoes.Think these people while throwing something away.While one side of Earth was finding food and a sip of water,the other side was throwing away tons of foods.without sharing , there is no value in your hands.
   As a result ,Although he was completely in despair ,he smiled me once.After that ,I cried with happiness.Borno,you were what an  excellent boy.I tried to help you as much as I can .I came to Nigeria as a photographer ,I’m going as an  aware person.I’ll miss you so much my little friend…




                  ELİF DİLEK
                                                                                
                                                          






3 yorum:

  1. Life is so hard as you told in your story.

    YanıtlaSil
  2. Yes, life is so hard but you must fight against it. You narrate a good story. Thanks.

    YanıtlaSil
  3. I really liked your story Elif.It has very good plot

    YanıtlaSil